Satellite
  • Day 8

    Caye Caulker

    January 4, 2017 in Belize ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    I had somehow expected Caye Caulker would be smaller and probably less touristy but I was still struck by it's colorful houses and nice little outlets along the beach.
    It's a place to chill and relax and definitely a place for party. I had met Anneliese from England on the boat from Chetumal and together we had a great time here.
    We stayed at Bella's Backpackers (the first night I actually stayed in a hammock on there patio as everything else was booked) which, with it's laid back vibe, was the perfect home on this island.
    We went on a snorkeling trip to the reef and swam with nurse sharks and sting rays.
    The typical night would start with sneaking into Dirty Mc Nastys (another hostel) to get some of their free rum punch and end at the sports bar where everybody on this island ended up. Which means you would meet everybody here who you had met during the day. One night we even made it to the Reggae Bar - the club where everybody goes once the sports bar shuts down.
    I stayed for 3 nights and figured after just being at the coast so far it was time to head inland now...
    Read more