Satellite
  • Day 44

    El Tunco

    February 9, 2017 in El Salvador ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    El Tunco is the Surf & Party Spot in El Salvador.
    I was really looking forward to finally getting back on the board. Sandy and I got us boards for one day but ufortunately it was a lot harder to get back into surfing than I expected and as the waves were pretty crazy the first two hours I only got washed all the time and only managed to stand up a few short rides in the white water. We went back into the water later and after a few nicer waves I paddled out into the ocean to watch the sunset from there - at least a good exercise for my arms.
    The next morning I got up early to meet my personal surf guide at 6:30. But as the waves were unsurfable for me (probably due to the full moon) I didn't even get into the water but returned my board and decided to spend that money on yoga instead. There was a pretty fancy yoga studio in El Tunco and the session was pretty nice.
    Except for Yoga and Surfing we spend our days relaxing and went out every night for "Ladies Night" - I don't even know the name of the place but every night between 8 and 9 girls would drink for free. That's the way to fill up a bar ;)
    Read more