Satellite
  • Day 56

    Laguna de Apoyo

    February 21, 2017 in Nicaragua ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Getting to Laguna de Apoyo I had to take a chicken bus to the turn of from the main road from Granada to Masaya. From here it was still 7km and I was hoping to catch the one daily bus to the laguna. But while I was waiting for the bus a guy with his pick up truck stoped and offered to take me - another fun ride on the back of a pick up and he didn't even want money for this.
    I stayed at Paradiso Hostel and met a nice crowd of people as soon as I walked in as they were just heading out to see some monkeys that were supposed to hang out in a tree on the street just outside the hostel. There were at least 10 in that one tree!
    We spend the rest of the day hanging out in and on and by the Laguna.
    The night turned into one of this unexpected spontaneous partys I like so much. We started with the 3 for 2 happy hour and our group became bigger and bigger. After I had already started my second round of 3 Nica Libres I ordered a Burger with fries - I was really craving fries. After a while I realized that everybody else had already gotten his food. When I asked about my burger they told me that they must have forgotten it and that they are just about to close the kitchen. The only thing they were still able to prepare was a curry. If you already had 4 Nica Libre and you really crave fries a curry is just not what you want. But as I had to eat something and they offered it to me for free I went for it. It was great. But still no fries. The guy from the bar felt so bad about it that he gave me another free cocktail. Probably not what I needed but of course I went for it ;)
    One guy of our group had prepared a half english half spanish rap song for the open mic night 2 days later in another hostel and asked us to be his pre-audience. I woke up the next morning with the refrain still stuck in my head - I guess this is a good sign for his song?
    I felt kind of hang over when I woke up the next morning but after another swim in the lagoon and a hearty breakfast by the water I was ready to get back on the road.
    Read more