Satellite
  • Day 82

    Granada 3.0

    March 19, 2017 in Nicaragua ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    As I really fell in love with the hostel in Granada I decided to again not do a long travel day all the way from Estelì in the north to San Juan del Sur in the south but split up the journey and stay one night in Granada.
    I left our little crew in Estelì together with Miriam who lives in Granada. Once on the bus we ran into Laura. I had met Laura in Leon while working in the hostel. I told her how everything went down and she wasn't to surprised to hear that I quit. She was also on her way to Granada.
    It was nice talking to her. We talked about how used you get to see weird stuff which would really surprise you back home. Just in the morning I saw a horse which someone had left on the foodpath of a road fixed on a lantern like other people leaver their bike. In general you see a lot of animals running around everywhere alongside big roads. Cows, pigs, horses.
    We watched the landscape become dry again and after changing buses in Tipitapa (yes, that's really the name of a town) and Masaya we arrived in Granada. Laura walked with me to my hostel but as they were fully booked (I had made a reservation the night before) she had to stay somewhere around the corner. But she came back after dinner and we hung out together with another german guy talking about our travels. The next morning I had a last breakfast on the little roof top terrace before catching the bus to Rivas.
    Read more