Satellite
  • Day 347

    San Juan del Sur 4.0

    December 9, 2017 in Nicaragua ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    After my week in Popoyo I wanted to spend one last night in San Juan del Sur.

    For sunset I went up to the christ statue - I had been up over 9 month earlier on my first night in SJDS before going to Rapture for the first time as a guest. Back then I hadn’t known how much my plans for the next month would change. 6 month became a year and the idea of volunteering in a hostel for a few weeks turned into month living my dream of working with likeminded people and surfing every day at Rapture.

    After the sun was down I went back to Casa Oro where I was spending the night. I met some people in the lobby and we went out of one last crazy night out in the party capital of Nicaragua. I wouldn’t say I like SJDS a lot as a destination for traveling, as it is the typical overcrowded party town where backpackers come just for the sake of partying. But after spending so much time in the area I liked it because I got familiar with it. I knew the shops, I knew the people. I guess we were living a love-hate relationship. So I couldn’t leave without one more night of drinks at the beach and dancing to reggeaton and bad party music in an open air bar with sandy feed.
    Read more