Satellite
  • Day 6

    last days in Koh Lanta

    August 4, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Our time in Lanta is done but we had a wonderful stay on the island!
    We loved Kantiang beach so much we went there twice! We also got to visit Bamboo bay which was a really cool beach though it was very rocky. I have never seen so many crabs and of so much variety before (outside of an aquarium)!
    Each of our 6 days was special and unique and the people were very friendly and nice, specially when they saw Alex. Everyone loved him.
    We did several things on our stay besides hanging out at the beach.

    I think thai food is my favorite cuisine after Mexican so it was great to take a full 5 hr cooking class at a place called Time for lime. Our teacher was super funny and we learned how to make masaman curry paste from scratch, Tom yum soup, spring rolls and a crunchy Thai salad. While I cooked, Sammy watched Alex and together they explored another beach and watched a beautiful sunset.
    The weather started to be cloudy and windy on our last 2 days on the island so we took advantage and did a bit of exploring by car. I have to admit that having Sammy drive on the other side of the road was an adventure by itself but he did a wonderful job. We got to explore the old town as well as the main port in the north of the island where I got to do a bit of shopping and we walked in the quaint streer. At the end of the day we went to visit long beach as it was a beach that had been recommended by one of the couples in the cooking class. Alex made friends with a local family who were digging in the sand to find stripped shells. All three of us started helping them with Alex's sand shovels. It was like a mini treasure hunt. Because it was low season there was no one else. It was as if we had our own bit of private coast and we had a lot of fun taking advantage of the mild weather.

    Our last full day on the island was rainy. We got lucky and went out for breakfast before it started pouring but spent the rest of the day in the room relaxing and watching YouTube videos. It was a nice day for vegging out and at night when it stopped raining we went out to a play called big Bobby's place for our last dinner.

    We are now at the airport waiting for our plane to arrive. We had a smooth journey to Krabi and hopefully our journey to Bangkok will be just as smooth.
    On another of the days we
    Read more