Satellite
Show on map
  • Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna

    February 27, 2018 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    We arrived in San Jose safe and sound at 7:30 am today after almost missing our connecting flight from L.A. We were sleeping in the airport and missed the text telling us what terminal our flight to San Jose was leaving from. Of course, we were in the wrong terminal and had to run to the right one to catch our flight. Our private shuttle was waiting for us and we took the 4 hour drive to La Fortuna.

    Once in La Fortuna, we went to one of the Sodas for lunch. Soda's are where the locals eat and cheap. Our meal cost us around $5.75 CAD including a bottle of water. We looked in some stores and then went to our room and had a nap.

    Tonight we did a night hike. On the tour were a couple from Wisconsin celebrating their 70th birthday, a young couple from Calgary and two young guys from the Netherlands. We saw a LOT of frogs and a snake. After the hike, Jose our guide had a snack for us, an empanada and sugar cane tea with ginger that was delicious. We all then enjoyed a typical Costa Rican meal with beans and rice of course and delicious home made ice cream on a stick.
    Read more