Satellite
  • Day 5

    First full day at Anamaya

    March 4, 2018 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌬 21 °C

    The day began early today. Fruit, coffee and tea is served @ 6:30 am. Yoga is from 7:30-9:00 and then we have breakfast.

    Today it was 34 degrees and very hot! After lunch we decided to walk to Montezuma, a 20 minute walk.

    Montezuma is a little hippy beach town with a lot of expats. We walked along the beach, picked sea shells and stopped for a few beers and then ice cream.

    Most people walk down and take a cab back as it is all uphill with three very steep hills. It was quite the walk! We had to really rush to make it back in time for 6pm candlelight yoga.

    Tonight while we were in the showers, we have two side by side, we heard the strangest noise which freaked us all out. Our neighbor heard it too and we could hear her "What the hell is that." It was some kind of animal. The showers are open to the outside but there is a door to close them off from our sleeping area. We were told not to leave windows open as animals can get in and the monkeys will often steal things. Food is also not allowed in the rooms for this reason.

    It is 10pm and bedtime. Because we get up early we go to sleep early.
    Read more