Satellite
  • Day 26

    Zanzibar Port

    July 4, 2017 in Tanzania ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    It is time to leave Zanzibar and head back to Tanzania.
    I have had a great few days in Zanzibar but I am now rested and ready to continue with my adventure.

    We were one of the first ones through their 'customs' (which makes no sense because we aren't leaving or entering a different country) and the luggage scanner, we sat down where there was plenty of room for everyone and their bags. About an hour later they advised they would start boarding we made our way to line up and were told by security to sit down. We sat down and they began letting up each row one by one and leaving us to last, we boarded the Kilimanjaro-5 and it was completely full. There was seat numbers on our tickets but apparently that doesn't mean anything because people were in our seats, we were made to go up to the top deck where half of us sat on the floor and the other half stood.

    The ride was about two hours long and what made it worse was about thirty minutes in I began getting motion sickness. I thought I was going to vomit, I was trying everything - standing, sitting, looking forwards, looking backwards but the only relief I got was laying on my side. If it had been any longer I probably would have been vomiting.
    Read more