Satellite
  • Day 14

    Mad dash to New York

    September 2, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Yesterday was loooooooooong, I woke up at 3am(for some crazy reason) in Elmira knowing that I had to leave at 6 to fight my way through Toronto rush hour and catch my flight...I managed to get back to sleep....at 5 am, approx 15 mins before my first alarm went off 😤 , Bev sorted me a nice strong coffee and after a quick shower I was on the road again.

    The drive down to Toronto started off fine, pleasant even with a beautiful sunrise with country music soundtrack and I was making awesome time, at one point Google had me getting in to Toronto at 7.15. At this point I should make clear this is offline Google with no traffic info... Then I got to about 20km outside the city and everything just stopped, crawling through rush hour traffic on foreign roads with multiple exits on either side, Sun directly in your eyes and a bladder full of coffee and red bull it's enough to make you forget about beautiful sun rises...never mind though, got to Toronto with an hour spare, filled up the car with petrol and dropped it off, I hustled to the nearest cafe for breakfast and much more importantly to relieve myself.

    Made the decision to do the 25 min walk out to the airport 25th my bags as some sort of exercise, once again forgetting how heavy they are and how Crap I am with any sort of heat....needless to say once again Mr Stewart "sweaty mess" Jardine showed up as I arrived at the airport. Got checked in, got through security (no beeps for the metal in my arm.. Tsk tsk Toronto city airport, someone needs stronger metal detectors) and was shortly thereafter told of 20 minute delay to my flight which wouldn't have caused any issues except that by the time we took off it was closer to an hour and twenty.

    After a very rigorous grilling from American immigration (I think the dude was totes jel of my trip) they let me into America, the fools, mwhahaha...i needed to make a mad dash from Jersey into queens, find my airbnb, shower and get back out to jersey for the football 🏈 🏈 . I owe a big thanks to 2 lovely ladies from home who I was frantically texting as I stressed out and tried I figure out a plan for keeping me calm in a city I didn't know but they do very well...Big love

    I made it out to MetLife, just as the game was kicking off and found my seat up in the gods...I'd love to say it was an exciting action packed game...buuuuuut it wasn't, still great experience (not just paying £18 for a pint and what appeared to be a chicken and chips school dinner and tasted about as good) but I think it was worth it... The trip and stress not the food.
    Read more