Satellite
  • Day 32

    cowboys, country music and more fish

    September 20, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    So it's been a while since my last post, mainly because I've just been hanging with my awesome peeps here, drinking beer with clay, chatting, chilling and shopping with Lauren and playing in the sprinkler and swimming with the boy Grayson.

    Last weekend was awesome, Friday was boys night, I took the train uptown to meet clay after he got done with work, couple beers and a bite to eat at whiskey river and it was time to head off to the bull riding at time Warner cable arena...unfortunately clay is a right gangster and we had to get out of line to go drop his bad ass knife back in the car so it wouldn't get confiscated...sounds better that way than to explain it was his dad's pen knife he carries to cut stray threads off his shirts.... After a quick walk three blocks we were back in the queue and with a plan for once we got in... Men's room, beer, seats...simple, effective.

    After a statement about why America was the best country in the world and a moment of respect for those serving abroad and the national anthem...sure...if that's how you do it in your country...it was time for the cowboys to step up, it was awesome, including some surprises like a kiwi rider ending up #4 and some crazy fools hanging on for the 8 second ride a local boy won and the place went nuts...thoroughly enjoyable spectacle.

    Saturday night was ladies night for me and Lauren out at PNC music pavilion for some awesome country music, the night was kicked off by the always impressive Maddie and Tae, who must be 2 of the most well travelled and hard working young ladies in country (I've seen then play in the UK twice in the last year). Next up was an act best forgotten, but did mean me and Lauren could have a laugh coming up with some bitchy comments. Then it was time for the main event Brad freaking Paisley!! I love this guy, every one of his songs seems to be a hit and he is just the nicest guy, he stopped after an acoustic song to sign his guitar and hand it to a young fan and tell him he would see him up on that stage in 10 years. He interrupted one of his slower more romantic songs by saying he had been planning something on Twitter the last few days and brought out a young couple with the guy proposing on stage and later pulling a young fan up on stage for a selfie...tie that in with an awesome set for an hour or so to which I knew every word and I had a absolute blast!

    Sunday was a cool day with a trip to the local pool in the morning and a couple bars in the afternoon.

    Interspersed with that was watching an awesome all blacks game (at 3 am Saturday), Singapore grand prix, and qualifying, the titans game in a local bar, far too many beers and a general lack of sleep and Monday was a complete write off, the highlight of which was opening the door to the pizza delivery guy.

    Today I took Laurens car out to concord mall to see the fishes...not overly exciting and only worth about assign hour of my time but still had fun and got a few good photos.

    This weekend...family road trip to Charleston!! Whoop whoop
    Read more