Satellite
  • Day 67

    Day Two - Tuesday 2 August 2016

    August 17, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Woke up early after a disturbed night due to both jetlag and a new environment. We walked to a juice bar "Nectar" and tried to work out how the system worked. The waiting staff took pity on us and helped us out. We ended up with cake, fruit juice and a cappucino. The cappucino was sweeter and small than we expected. I bought a pair of flipflops from the Havaiana store in Ipanema - blue Liberty print.
    Then we walked to Ipanema beach where we walked to the end closest to Copacabana. It was amazing how many traders were trying to sell their food, drink and beach chairs. We then walked along the connecting street Rua Francisco Otaviano to Copacabana Beach where we passed Russia House (temporary olympic hospitality house) and then paid to go into Fort Copacabana where we paid R$6.00 each to get in and walked along their sea wall with great views of Copacabana Beach. We stopped at one of the two cafes for breakfast looking out to sea. Dessert Restaurant Confeitaria Colombo belongs to an old well established cafe in the centre (Centro) area of Rio. Clive had an omlette and I had waffles. The fort is still a military base and so funny to eat breakfast and have soldiers marching past. Then we exited the fort and walked along Copacabana Beach at the water's edge. We walked as far as the Olympic Megastore where we had a look around. That evening we had drinks at Restaurate Rayz and the pizza at Capricciosa. It was the only time that we drank wine with a meal as it was expensive.

    Breakfast - Dessert Restaurant Confeitaria Colombo, Fort Copacabana
    Coffee - Starbucks Ipanema
    Lunch - Garota de Ipanema (sandwiches)
    Drinks - Rayz
    Dinner - Capricciosa
    Read more