Satellite
  • Day 8

    Chongqing

    August 16, 2019 in China ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We leave at 9, breakfast was Asian and great. We went to see the Panda House. I don't like to see them in captivity but they are not in cages and China is preserving the very least ones so maybe it's good. They have 11 pandas here and about 2000 who live in a controlled wild. And then there are no more.
    There were also Tigers in cages but I walked around the park and waited for Robbie and Oleg to come back. Oleg was quiet when he came back, and just said it was a dad thing and that earth must be preserved. I hope he gets his dream.
    We are now on our way to Ciquikou, the old town. We will have lunch there, walk around, go for tea and then embark for our cruise.
    Nice early lunch then we went to see, upon my request, the ancient Guild Hall. This was a beautiful building set up hundreds of years ago by the merchants who arrived from the far away provides
    Ciquitou. Completely different from this monster city. Small traditional houses that are now completely commercial. Shop after shop after shop. We went into a tea House and had a lesson on different teas and how to make it.. And how to drink it. Lovely, so delicate. I couldn't resort and bought some flower tea and done have picked green tea. I wanted to buy a tea set but I hate buying with no negotiation so waiting for Shanghai.
    After we went to a supermarket to buy some fruit, drinks and snacks and boarded our ship. The Century Sun, room 451. An amazing nice room with all the comforts and a small terrace with 2 chairs to sit outside and air conditioning. We found out that Tui China had made a mistake with our reservations and had booked early morning flights on Monday 19th fur Shanghai so we would miss the 3 gorges dam and lunch. We decided to go on while the test of the group is doing the tour and taking a 6 and a half hour train (no way).
    After we checked in, we went out again to find a place to eat, walked for miles along unsavoury harbor Ashley's then found a small street did place that amend like dead rats. Everyone wolfed down super hot bushes yum, I just had.. Nothing, a coke. And a sweet bun from the supermarket. But still fun. Then the ship left and there was a party on the boat, we danced and laughed then bed. Fun day.
    Read more