Satellite
  • Day 10

    Yang Tse Cruise: Day 2

    August 18, 2019 in China ⋅ ⛅ 37 °C

    Early wake up to go on a morning trip to see the pagoda of the White Emperor, and the temple of the blood of the there reigns. Yes, we saw the movie before leaving and it was amazing to actually be there and see the places for ourselves
    This trip was indeed interesting, the scenery was breathtaking. There were a lot of propone but it was a nice, relatively cool walk in the leafy green.
    Certainly worth the extra money.
    Back fur an early lunch and in the afternoon we went on the best trip of all, a truly magical boat trip (we landed and moved to smaller boats) into narrow side rivers and high gorges. Our lovely guide also told us a lot about the story of their town, an ancient fishing village of less than 1000 people who lost their living when the Three Gorges Dam raised the level of the river by 130 meters, inundated their houses forever and sank them under mud and turned the renowned Blue River into brown must sludge. Now they also live on tourism, what little they get, and live on the renowned mountains. They sang us a song on plastic rafters and we clapped and bought some dried flowers. I'm still thinking about them in their mountain village community dreaming of what they lost and caring so much for their land that they refused to leave, even after they lost everything.
    That last evening, the ship's crew showed a film about the ram but we eat outside on the deck and watched the world lazily go by.
    We sent Oleg to bed earlier, he was playing with some Chinese kids, but when we went back to our cabin we woke him to stand on our balcony and watch the ship arrive in the docks at Yichang, it was quite something.
    Read more