Satellite
  • Day 8

    Yangtze river cruise

    March 31, 2018 in China ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Arrived Here very late last night. Thankful for the fact that we remain more to here till the end of today. There are included excursions each day on this cruise, and you are also able to purchase optional Cruises. Breakfast begins at 6:30 with music piped through Speakers in your room followed by announcements in Chinese, English, French and German. If you aren’t up by now, you may miss breakfast as it is only served between 6:30 and 7:30.

    Free wifi in the lobby of the ship though you can purchase a package for your room. Photos of this ship do not show the wear and tear on the furniture and carpets. Public area carpets are clean and in good shape but the room carpets could use a very intense cleaning.

    Attended a Chinese medicine talk where Vic received acupuncture for his sore throat and Carolynne received acupuncture, cupping and massage for her sore knee.

    Wandered the ship, checking out the shops and lounge areas.

    Hand washed laundry as it costs $1 to wash a pair of socks. A little too much for my budget.

    Visited the Three Gorges Dam, the largest Hydro-electric dam in The world. Back to the hotel in time got a quick shower before dinner and the captain’s welcome reception which included sparkling wine and dancing.
    Read more