Satellite
  • Day 3

    At sea for eight days

    April 15, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Had a very smooth embarkation experience, taking our luggage with us directly to our room. Attended a 3-5 star Mariner reception in the afternoon and made our reservations for dinner, a wine tasting and the Cellar Master’s Dinner later in the week. Slept so well and woke up in time to shower before we met for breakfast at 9. Attended the shore excursion talk before walking the promenade for 1.5 miles. Averaging 15,000 steps per day on the ship. Great way to get exercise without realizing it. Enjoying a fully refurbished ship, new carpets and drapes and upholstery. They’ve eliminated the librarian position so borrowing books is on the honour system. Entertainment on the second night was a comedian. Enjoying America’s Test Kitchen demos and new evening entertainment.
    Good Friday, day 6, has brought blue skies, a sprinkling of rain and a fleeting rainbow. Attended the florist tour, not much to see as they have cut back on such luxuries. The florist however has done a great job making do with less. Premiere wine tasting this afternoon and then the Good Friday service. No piano and but there are hymn books and a pastor.

    Saturday I attended the Bible study and connected with the Interdenominational group planing the Easter sunrise service. Have also been going to the America’s test kitchen demonstrations. Great tips for great meals in a short time.

    Gala night today and a production show in the theatre. We met a two people from Hamburg who are friends and travel together because Karin’s husband is in a nursing home. She and Ekhardt met more than 10 years ago when she and her husband were still able to travel together. It’s nice that people can come to an understanding like that.

    Garry and I sang in the choir for the Easter Sunday service . Really enjoyed breakfast after the brief but meaningful service.

    Enjoyed a Wines of the world tasting where Vic won a bottle of wine. Beautiful.
    Read more