Satellite
  • Day 6

    Trip day

    July 13, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Tiger, Biffy and I head off for Aigues Mort pretty early. We arrive at the same time as half of France but manage to squeeze in Car Park 4. We sample some splendid ice cream- my raisins were full of rum or maybe rum essence- before we tackled the ramparts. Very impressive construction. They don't build them like that anymore. The sun did beat down but we did the mile round trip and were better informed re French history. We formed a particular attachment to Louis 1X who founded AM and banned frivolity (amongst other things).
    We then continued our trip heading for The Camargue. Our tick list was white horses, bulls, rice paddy fields and flamingoes. Sadly no flamingo spotted but white horses abounded.
    Home to find that the Blissetts had given the thumbs down to Ales but the Gomersons had loved the Pont du Gard.
    Maddie, Alice and Albie all loving the pool. Albie not so sure initially but loves it now. Wonderful to see everyone in the pool enjoy ing themselves. Maddie very keen to help joe with pool maintenance.
    Albie is suddenly sprouting hair. Is it true heat makes your hair grow faster?
    All heading for bed when the fireworks go off.
    Read more