Satellite
  • Day 5

    First 2 days of 2021

    January 2, 2021 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    So its 2021 and it was a quiet start for us - in bed before midnight and up not so early. New Year's Day was a day at home - we had been so busy it was time for grandparents to rest, and besides Pop wanted to watch the races.
    But today it was up early, figuring we'd need to be at Splash Planet early to beat the crowd and to make the most of the day with rain forecast. I baked some bread and we packed stuff for the day and left pretty much on time!
    And so it was no surprise to see the huge queues lined up waiting to get in, and we lined up too. It took about 40 minutes and we were in and were early enough to secure a table under a tree. Gran and Pop settled in and two boys went off for a fun day and we didn't see them for over an hour.
    So we left them to it - we people watched. There was a huge crowd there - probably the same as 1 year ago. Everyone was well behaved and people just fitted in with each other. Gran and the boys went and got lunch - pizza and chips. We later got a BE coffee, which was pretty sharp 👍
    The sky started to look like rain and we suggested to the boys they might like to change and they were happy to do that - I think they were getting weary.
    Adam wanted to check out the go carts and bumper boats. He got in the queue for a go cart ride, but after 10 minutes he had done the maths - he'd need to wait over an hour, so it was home.
    But not quite Gran suggested we go to Rush Munro's for an icecream and there was unanimous approval.
    While we ate out beaut icecreams it started to rain and so it is still right now.
    Read more