Satellite
  • Day 39

    So today we went to Capri

    August 9, 2019 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 28 °C

    We finally got the ferry from Sorrento to Capri after walking around in the heat trying to find where to buy tickets that weren’t tour tickets (Italians do not make tourist’s lives easier by putting up little signs to say “ tickets here”)
    With sweat running in rivulets and after queuing we got the fast ferry to Capri with a much welcomed breeze- to be honest I could have stayed on the boat!
    Capri is basically a playground for the v rich and ? Famous.
    We got the funicular ( more couldn’t find where to buy a ticket) up to the piazza and walked with the heaving masses around the narrow streets. We were going to get a bus to the outer edges of the island but they were rammed.
    Life got better when I found the street of v high end designer shops- all with air con and outfits including a gold tracksuit from €600-€3000!!!
    Got the early ferry back to Sorrento and found our private beach via an elevator down the cliff face!!
    Had a great swim in the sea - total heaven.
    We then went out for a lovely meal with Lou, Nat and friends before wandering home to our accomm.
    Read more