Satellite
  • Day 91

    Big day today- laundry done!

    September 30, 2019 in Mongolia ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Woke up for the last time in our amazing ger. Breakfast and then we watched “ the Eagle Huntress” in preparation for going to the Eagle Festival in the far west of Mongolia in a few days.
    We left Gobi Nomad Lodge at 10.30am and got dropped at the airport ( where we all probably pissed off the drivers by only leaving the half of their “expected” tip - the amount we keep getting reminded of by our guide- this is pissing us all off)
    Got the 12.20pm plane back to UB where we were immediately whisked off to lunch as it was now 3pm. We had a great steak lunch but not sure we needed the other 3 courses.
    Got back to the Ramada at 4pm and yippee we were free for the rest of the day.
    K and I found a laundry about 15 mins away and were so happy when we were told it would be ready in 2 hrs.
    Time to head to the cashmere shop and then for a coffee. Back to the laundrette at 7pm- big day to have clean clothes!!
    We made it to the 17th floor for 7.30pm drinks and then dowstairs for a 4 course dinner at 8pm with the rest of the group- how much food?! Desert was ice cream on a bowl of cornflakes!!
    Sadly the pleasant evening was spoilt by a v loud and drunk table of Koreans next to us despite the whole restaurant being empty.
    9pm was time for repacking for next 2 days when we head into the national parks- and the temperature plummet to 10 degs. Snow expected for Thursday!!
    Read more