Satellite
  • Day 114

    Kandy to Dambulla

    October 23, 2019 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Even after making our decision yesterday to leave Kandy a day early our minds weren’t changed when our accommodation manager turned up pissed last night when we asked to pay him!!
    Sadly things didn’t get better when he served our breakfast this am with the shakes! He Had put salt in the juice and it tasted like washing up liquid in the coffee- we also had a whole loaf of toast/ bread!! We couldn’t get out of there fast enough!
    Next obstacle was the manic bus station but to be honest it was easy. We avoided getting run over, were directed to the bus to Dambulla and we left straight away after wedging our big bags on the gear console!!
    $8 and 2 hours later we were dropped off in Dambulla- the gateway to Sigiriya and Kaudulla National Park.
    We had a little trouble finding our accommodation as usual but finally arrived at Thammenna Eco Cabins.
    Our room is huge and the staff member lovely. He arranged a coffee and then an hour later during the rain storm he cooked us lunch on request- a v delicious Sri Lankan curry with all the trimmings.
    At 3pm we decided to go to the Cave Temples, and Sonny and his tuk tuk were ordered.... tbc
    Read more