Satellite
  • Day 166

    Geocaching and a baby shark - part 1

    December 14, 2019 in England ⋅ 🌬 7 °C

    Big day today. Started early with you tube videos on how to make slime.
    Then after breakfast we jumped in the car to drive to St Michaels Mount but on the way the girls decided to find a couple of Cornish geocaches- the first one being on a bus stop outside Helston Community Hospital!!
    Next it was off to Helston boating lake park for a slide and a swing before the second geo- cache of the day by the old water wheel- it wasn’t even yet 11am!
    A quick photo of the majestic swans and we headed down to Marazion where it was dry but blowing a gale- great for the wind surfers and kite surfers.
    Walking along the causeway was an adventure in itself finding shells and looking for marine life.
    Once across onto the Mount it was time for the third geo-cache of the day- high up in the granite gate frame of the picnic area.
    Gusty wind made for a fun time exploring before we decided we were all starving so headed back for lunch at the Godolphin Arms- a lovely hotel with the most amazing restaurant views of St Michaels Mount.
    Kate and Ellen were looking for “mermaids purses” and v excitedly found a dry one when K then spotted a second one. On picking it up
    Ellen tried to convince us there was something in it to which we all replied repeatedly “ it’s just sand and water”. However on holding it up to the light we discovered it contained..... a baby shark (do do do do do!!) - evidential pics To follow!!!!
    How totally exciting??!!! During lunch we learnt more about the basking shark embryo which we had found, Ellen had screamed at in excitement and we had stared at in disbelief!!
    After all the excitement had died down we thoroughly enjoyed a lunch of Cornish fare whilst enjoying front seat views of the Mount and the incoming tide covering the causeway and our baby shark. TBC.....

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Michael&#039…
    Read more