Satellite
  • Day 176

    Cath and Jo’s Wedding on Xmas Eve

    December 24, 2019 in Wales ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    This was an incredible, last minute secret wedding in Mold, North Wales between 2 of my oldest friends Cath and Jo.
    The morning dawned with a mixture of sun and cloud.
    After a family breakfast, K and I headed into Mold with a shopping list of beaded pins for the bouquets, a cake stand, a pair of sparkly tights for Ellen, and a car wash due to yesterday’s prolonged drive through muddy lanes. We couldn’t have the brides arriving covered in mud!
    The next 2 hours flew by and many random shops, K needing an Interpreter over the beaded pins and a car wash later we finally got back to the girls at 1pm.
    K kindly took Ellen to look at the horses whilst I jumped in the shower, got ready and made sure I had the rings and the girls were all good.... despite looking extremely nervous they were totally ready before I was.
    K and E got back with stories of the horses and before long it was 2pm.... time for some photos at home and then Into the car for the 15 min drive to Mold Registry office just below Theatre Clwyd...... lots of nerves!!!
    There was a beautiful light as we arrived and after a few photos outside where poor E felt freezing it was inside for last minute toilet breaks and then we were off.
    Cath and Jo had a v small and intimate ceremony with just K and I, Ellen and then Andrea ( jo’s uni friend with her husband Neil and 2 boys, Alfie and Oliver). Phil taking the photos finished off the small entourage.
    It was all v lovely and I had a nervous moment when I couldn’t get the ring box open but Ellen helped and all was good!!
    After the lovely ceremony it was back home to the girls house for bubbly and party food all ready prepared.
    Sadly at 5.30pm we had to say our sad goodbyes as we had a 6 hour drive home to Cornwall.
    The traffic was non- existent and seeing we made the motorways as planned we actually got home at 11pm.
    The flat was clean, tidy and ready for Xmas day trmw.
    Congratulations Cath and Jo!!
    Read more