Satellite
  • Day 267

    Still grateful to be at home

    March 24, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We had a slow start to the day ( after an early callback from Vodafone about getting some internet at home) with breakfast and then phone calls to AirNZ and LATAM to try to get refunds on flight we have that are cancelled ( I couldn’t face ringing Qantas today about our third flight after all the other attempts so will do this in a couple of weeks). No luck with either calls but managed to email them both requesting full refunds ( as if that is going to happen!!)’
    The day was spent pottering around inside due to wet and windy weather and the need for K to do what seemed like 8 loads of laundry!! I couldn’t even be bothered to attempt to unpack.
    The majority of the day was trying to finish off the Find Penguins posts and deciphering where the photos were taken... and then hanging out on the deck to try to get the photos from K’s phone to mine so we could post them..... the reception here is so bad and often non existent.
    Hopefully we will be getting a wireless modem couriered to help with this and to her with the next 4 weeks isolation.
    At 5pm it was lovely weather so we drove down to the beach for our allowed “ daily exercise”. The beach was divine and we had it all to ourselves!! It looks like the weather has been bad as loads of boulders have been uncovered on the right end of the beach coupled with huge driftwood trees and branches.
    Back home it was a v nice dinner of prawn curry and Tv- the simple pleasures we do not take for granted after last week.
    Did I say we are so grateful to be home??!!
    Read more