Satellite
  • Day 211

    A week in Skpoje

    July 30, 2015 in North Macedonia ⋅ ☀️ 37 °C

    Just a quick reflection on my week here. It has been wonderful. The hostel could not have been more perfect! The average temperature all week has been over 40 degrees. However, I haven't found it that muggy, so not too bad really. I've had some interesting roommates and a really annoying Australian.

    It would appear that most people here are heading onto the Sunnylake Hostel in Ohrid this weekend. So I'm looking forward to that as I like most of the people here. I've made some awesome Kiwi dudes, who are the nicest blokes around, and love drinking haha.

    On Tuesday after we missed the walking tour I did a bus tour to try and make up for it. It sucked. So I had a leisurely lunch, filled with Macedonia style food, before heading back to the hostel, where I intended to have a rest.

    However, when I returned I found my Kiwi friends there and they were just headed up to the big mountain to take the cable cart to see the giant cross. So I decided to join them. Unfortunately when we got there everything we shut, apparently every Monday and the last Tuesday of the month the cable car is closed. Guess what day it was?! Haha

    So after an ice-block we headed back down to the city for some food.

    On Wednesday I made the walking tour and on Thursday I took the bus out to the canyon for the day. Tomorrow I'm taking the 8:30am bus to Ohrid, I’m ready to go. Skopje and it’s addiction to creating a fake past it a little weird haha.
    Read more