Satellite
  • Day 12

    Day 12: Berlin

    July 20, 2019 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We get up at about 9 and have another amazing breakfast with Anne & Alex (the egg expert). Afterwards we head by bike (thanks to our wonderful host) to the Krumme Lanke, a small and quiet lake in the outskirts of the city. We chill there and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.

    Then we go to the city, where we find a market (mainly for tourists like us) and we eat there. Amé had found an art venue that seemed interesting, and after a lot of looking around we find it (the place was a bit hidden between buildings). There is a really nice expo on stickers (a lot from Québec & Spain), and after checking that out we find a very interesting museum by hazard (about a man who hid people during the Holocaust).

    We head then to the remains of the wall and its memorial and to Mauerpark as well (nice live music). Then we go to Sudkreutz (I think it's like this?) and meet with Anne and Alex for dinner. They show us a Chinese food restaurant with the most incredible bathrooms ever. And then we have some drinks. It starts raining cats and dogs and we are forced to enter to the inside of the "bar" next to "basketball" guys. And we end up running back home (even loosing my shoes in the water). We play card games with our premium drinks (I didn't loose a single game 😎).
    Read more