Satellite
  • Day 14

    Niagara

    August 22, 2016 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    This is place is so mind blowing it is hard to describe. We had a beautiful day to see them and the town. The morning started at 9.30 with tour pick up. Our first stop was the ice wine winery. This winery was the first to harvest and produce ice wine. The grapes are left in the vines until it gets to 10 degrees overnight then harvested in ice snow weather. We then headed out to Niagara Park. This iconic village is beautifully set up for the tourists. Buses park outside if the shop area and you either walk the five minutes in or catch the shuttle. Sue was able to do her horse and carriage rides and was over the moon.

    I did a quick recon then walked back to see if I could get down to the river. From the Canada side you look across to USA. This will be as close as I will get. The driver kindly said he would stop along the way so I got a good view which was done.

    Once at the falls we headed into lunch at the Sheraton. Wow, the views from the balcony were outstanding. Once lunch was over we headed down to the boat to go right up to the falls. The wind swirls around slashing the mist foment the falls like a heavy rain storm. Such fun!
    Read more