Satellite
  • Day 2

    To Connecting Flights - Heathrow, London

    January 15, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌧 3 °C

    1) The security guys at the check points watch soccer. You can score numerous high fives for knowing details about Giroud's back kick scoring goal last weekend while waiting for your bags to either get exposed to x-ray radiation and decreased ability to reproduce or to get dumped into a red tub then wiped down with a toilet wand.

    2) Do NOT be the group of women headed for somewhere in Africa who used their carry-on luggage to transport a bunch (like 20) of greater than 100 mL bottles of perfume. The security agent will make you either throw it all away and proceed forward or they will let you go back out to the beginning and check that bag, just like the rest of freaking universe. TSA has some serious explaining to do for letting that onboard any international plane out of America. It was jaw dropping... the woman had like a Mary Poppins bag, with never ending bottles of perfume. It was quite embarrassing that an American airport let all that on an airplane. What else could sneak through?

    3) They are serious about the exact size of their clear plastic bag. Security will make you repackage in their preferred size, having to ditch your Poop-ourri Spray, your hand lotion and 4 lip glosses.

    4) Don't bring all your lip glosses on any flight, they are at risk of sudden extermination with no notice.

    5) Hot-natured ppl, don't wear a sweater and jeans, with your knee high compression socks, plus boots onto any flight over 2.5 hrs. I don't care what the travel blogs say about wearing your heavier items on the plane so they don't take up room in your carry-on. That's BS! Be comfortable cuz it's a loooong flight.

    6) A smile and manners goes far in making those around you enjoyable to be around.

    Thank you, that is all for now...

    ~hj
    Read more