Satellite
  • Day 10

    On to Austria

    October 14, 2018 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    So the day has come to leave Anke and Jaap. Sad but we know we will connect again in the future. I haven’t been so kindly treated by such wonderful people ever, I don’t think.

    Packed our final things and over we went for breakfast. My usual has been yogurt with seeds and then bread with liver pate and cheese. Today a boiled egg helped us get a good bit of protein so we’re ready for our trip - it will be a longer day.

    To the station in Tábor and actually caught an earlier train. I was glad as it was hard to fill time with the sad goodbye just waiting to happen.

    First adventure - off the train a few stops down the rails, onto a bus, then back to another train as there was construction on the rail line. Did it! luggage and all. Getting help along the way from kind strangers. Lots of nice knitting of Oliver’s scarf time. Next - into Linz and as we had been delayed, had the exercise of finding our train or another train to Salzburg. Found one that we thought could have been ours but definitely was the next one to Salzburg. Turns out it was a private train. We were the only ones but 1 in whole car - first class - very nice server explained our situation -50 euros and we just stayed on same quick train.

    To Salzburg, very quick and effective car rental and off to St Wolfgangsee. Easy drive with huge traffic jams going in opposite direction -likely due to phenom weather!

    Settled into the lovely Seevilla Hotel in St. Wolfgangsee. Nice to see more of Austria but we are already missing our dear friends.
    Read more