Satellite
  • Day 14

    Climbing mountains!!

    October 18, 2018 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Incredible breakfast buffet - you could even make your own veggie smoothie if desired and oatmeal (tomorrow’s plan as I’d already put together a cereal mixture). Butter and fresh milk almost right from the cow!

    Decided to do the Wiedersberger Horn gondola and a hike around the top part - spectacular views! And fun to look at where the skiing was, between villages etc - it will be tempting!! to return! Fabulous spot for a St Johanns sausage with mustard and freshly grated horseradish - R a frankfurter and fries Lol. Quite liking their Almdudler soda - R a beer.

    Back down after a few hours up top. Talked to darling gal at front desk “No problem going this route on Ebikes”! Up up up, yes, the bikes are super but ya still have to pedal! Biked for about an hour then decided to turn back and find lower road, back to Alpbach to small road and along aways until time to head back, shadows getting longer.

    Nice rest in our beautiful room, showered and ready for another 5 course meal! And now finished - so full! Time to cut back! - best taste was the escarole - a smoked fish with small mousse bits - stunning presentations and ohhh that dessert buffet!!
    Read more