Satellite
  • Day 58

    Paris again!

    June 21, 2016 in France ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Today after shopping for breakfast foods, we went to the metro(Bastille) to go to either The James Bond 007 exhibition or the Musee d'Orsay..We arrived at Tuilleries metro and saw a huge line of prospective visitors and while it was 10:30, decided to cue and go in to the Museum D' Orsay. After about 45 mins we got in , security checked , ticketed and checked one bag. Well this museum is great! We were there for about 4 hours, including a short break to eat in the cafe. 5 levels. We saw Monet's girl with parasol, Van Gogh's night sky , some wonderful Manet works, Gaugan, Rooudain sculptures .And more! Classic impressionist masters Degas,Cezanne & Van Gogh, the Pointillists ( Seurat, Signac); and Bohemian artists likeToulouse Lautrec.
    Some great views from the windows of the museum. The museum was once a train station. It i
    We then caught the metro back to Bastille and changed lines to 5.We travelled on line 5 to Patin so that e could see the James Bond 007 exhibition at the Grand Hall of the Villiers building of La Villette.
    James Bond 007 was fantastic. I enjoyed every bit of it and bought the commemorative 50 years of 007 book, which has so many of the photos I took.
    Exited and went to the La Petite Halle de la Villette bar / restaurant for " happy hour" 5€ Belgian beers and dinner, charcuterie and salmon pizza.All yummy! Caught metro back, while waiting there was an argument occurring behind the other platforms then arriving back yo drumming and loud music and fast food. We may not sleep till late!
    Read more