Satellite
  • Day 1

    Fairmont Vancouver - downtown.

    August 30, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    So our tour guide rounded us all up and packed everyone & there belongings on a coach, 45 minute drive from the airport to Downtown Vancouver. Apart from being on the wrong side of the road & the steering wheel on the wrong side of the coach the place looks similar to Melbourne. Oh, except for the electrified buses (they’re a cross between a tram & bus)

    We made it to Fairmont & after 3 attempts we’re finally checked in. First was a mix up in rooms, the 3 of we’re not got to fit in one double bed... well not comfortably anyway. Next room had 2 queens, not perfect but doable. It had a funky smell though - so instead of complaining we opened the windows - nope that didn’t work either . Building maintenance will need to sort that bathroom out. 🤢
    Last option- 2 bedroom suite. King & a sofa bed. A lot more room to stretch out and Lachlan’s pretty happy with his “own room & TV”.

    So after a long day travelling we’ve agreed on the upgrade to a suite, no extra charge. The staff are amazing here and have been more than accommodating.

    Dinner was at Urban Fare - think of an IGA supermarket that also had a self serve smorgasbord. Very different and the food was good. They charge by the weight of your food... then they add a couple of different taxes and hey presto that’s the price. We were too tired to care. On how they came to the cost, handed over the notes and got coins back.

    And what would a trip anywhere be without my mum cornering a police officer and asking for a uniform patch - she got a patch & a photo....

    Life’s to short, enjoy it, laugh lots and make memories.
    Read more