Satellite
  • Day 15

    Salmon Bake & Red Dog Saloon

    September 13, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    What an outstanding option to pick, driving to Salmon Bake in an old yellow school bus and seeing more of Juneau. This is one thing that has been added to the bucket list and ticked off all in one go.

    We arrive at our destination and you would think we were in the Deep South. BBQ cracklings away, running river beside the dining area that was all under marquees. Heaters and party lights plus a guitarist (Scott Ibex was playing the blues).

    It’s all you can eat starting with Clam chowder, then BBQ Salmon with all the sides. Corn bread, scallop potatoes, beans, wild rice & salads. And for those not consuming salmon there was chicken. Coffee, tea & homemade lemonade. Plus the bar had local beers. It was an amazing opportunity and I’m so glad we went.
    Relaxing listening to great music and just having fun, and just like anything it came to an end but on our way out in the bus we spotted a double rainbow 🌈 🌈
    Wow, just wow - hope this converts to a Tatts win 😁
    The driver then talked about the Red Dog Saloon, we hadn’t gone in earlier but when he mentioned that Wyatt Earp’s guns were on display we made sure we headed on in.

    How do you describe this joint:
    Sawdust on the floor,
    flags, money stapled to the ceiling..
    Mounted bears, Moose heads....
    Life preservers...
    There’s stuff everywhere....
    Guns in glass cabinets.
    People have signed anything & everything.
    And of course a country singer with a guitar. Plus the barmaids impromptu singing.
    So who are we not to sit and have a beer (root beer for Lachlan)

    Photos will never do it justice.

    What an amazing evening. Thanks for the laughs & memories Lachlan & mum 🥰
    Read more