Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Top Trekking destinations in Malaysia!!

    January 24, 2019 in India ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Malaysia being home to magnificent rainforests, white sandy beaches and some of the tallest mountain ranges, is one of the most adventurous countries in Asia and a picture perfect holiday destination.
    Apart from relaxing on the beach by the calm and serene waters, you can also make sure to indulge in some adventurous activities like trekking the tallest mountains of Malaysia. Keep reading to know about some of the great trekking locations in Malaysia ranging from easy to arduous hikes.
    Traveling in and around Malaysia is quite convenient since it has some major bus terminals and express buses are the preferred mode of transport here. Tickets for which can be booked online from https://www.redbus.my/.

    Bukit Tabur
    Both the east and west regions of the Bukit Tabur are considered to be one of the best trekking trails in the country. However, some trekkers in recent times have developed a preference to trek on the eastern side of the Bukit Tabur. Trekkers usually head to Bukit Tabur during weekends to enjoy the beauty of plush green landscapes. Trekkers also enjoy the view of the sunset in the evenings. This will be a testing 2 hrs trek through the western edge, where you will climb along its marked trails and experience breathtaking drop-offs en route, all in return for heavenly winged animal eye perspectives of quiet Kluang Gate Reservoir and Kuala Lumpur's horizon. This trail is ideal for birdwatchers and nature darlings, as there will be a lot of chances to spot hawks, spectacled langurs, or even the uncommon mountain serows. Toward the finish of the half-day trek, you will acquire bits of knowledge to the untamed life and more profound gratefulness for this current natures ponder.
    Even though, the mountain itself isn't that high, despite everything it needs some flexibility to complete the summit The guide that was with us was a very patient one. This truly happens to be once in a lifetime kind of experience in the heart of Malaysia!!
    How to reach: Taking Bus is advisable. There’s a bus at a regular intervals from the Central Market. Usually takes an hour to reach.
    Bus number: 43
    Gunung Kinabalu
    Located in the vicinity of the Kinabalu National Park, the Gunung Kinabalu is the highest mountain in the country and also the third highest in Southeast Asia. Trekking on the picturesque Gunung Kinabalu is quite a challenging task and will usually take you two days to make the ascent and descent both. It is better if you book the climb through a local tour company. The Gunung Kinabalu is not recommended for beginners but it is popular among professional trekkers from all over the world.
    Factfile: The Gunung Kinabalu has been declared as a world heritage site by the UNESCO. (Therefore, a must visit).
    How to reach: Take a Bus. You can catch a bus from KK Kinabalu Park. There are buses at regular intervals and the first one leaves sharp at 7:30AM. A usual journey should take somewhere around two hours.
    Read more