Satellite
  • Day 9

    Glastonbury - Day 5 - Ed Sheeran

    June 25, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Talk about sore feet!! Wow just standing up was a world of pain.
    First gig was at the John Peel Stage for Real Estate. We then looked at the forest area where there were campfires, twisted willow sculptures and a giant boat to climb up into the trees.
    The next gig was Laura Marling on the Pyramid stage. We had some food and chilled while listening to the sweet sounds. It was then time for Barry Gibb from the BeeGees and I was excited. I didn't realise just how good he was. The crowd loved it and for me he was a highlight of the entire festival. He seemed very humble and he was close to tears as we sung along to "Stayin' Alive", "How deep is your love" and "You should be dancing". Epic of all kinds. Next we rushed over to Shaggy who Ali was most looking forward to for some "Angel", Bombastic" and "Wasn't me". We were pretty close to the front so was a fun sign-a-long.
    We raced back to the Pyramid Stage for some Chic and en route with a toilet stop I just missed out on seeing Victoria Beckham in the flesh - arghh!
    Then next act was London Grammer at the John Peel Stage, she was super impressive again, her voice is amazing and a highlight was "Maybe I'm wasting my young years". Not at the moment at least 😉
    After that we went to the Pyramid Stage for Ed Sheeran. Massive crowds and loud singing to "Shape of You" and "Galway Girl". There was old ladies on shoulders and flares filled the air. When it all ended we headed to a small stage where there was a big crush for Jamie XX, we didn't stay long as was just people pushing. We headed to the Park area for some dancing before bed. Feet were ready to rest now.
    Read more