Satellite
  • Day 77

    Galapagos day 5 and the boat change

    September 1, 2017 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    This morning we all got off the boat at 7am and headed to see the turtles in the highlands. They were beautiful and very slow moving.
    I was then transported across the island, took a boat, then a bus to the airport. I met a new guide and group and after a long wait back in the port we boarded the Seaman. There were only eight of us on board and I didn't even know where we were going. I was quite stressed about the changes and not knowing what I was doing. The boat was very luxurious, I had my own room and the bathroom was huge.
    We ate lunch then went to North Seymour Island. I saw land iguanas, frigate birds, red necks are male and white female and many baby frigates with lots of feathers. The males were trying to attract the females by blowing up their red necks. We saw some baby boobies and heard about siblingcide, where they push out a sibling from the ring of the nest and then they don't get fed by their parents, so they die. We saw a frigate steel a fish from a mother boobie feeding its young. There were sea lions walking from the rocks up onto the path. We had dinner on board before sailing through the night.
    Read more