Satellite
  • Day 58

    Sunshine Before the Storms

    April 28, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We awoke to a sunny, but very cold, morning. The Weather Bureau has warned us that this will be the last time we will see the sun for the next week. That meant it would be our last chance to finish the painting we have been doing for the past few days. So that's how we spent the morning.

    By noon the painting was finished and we could stand back to admire our handiwork. It might not have been perfect, but I had to admit that it looked pretty good.

    "Now can we get on our bikes ?", I asked.

    My plan was to have a picnic by the ocean and then ride to Cape Paterson to explore the huge development we had discovered yesterday. We packed the bikes onto the car, filled the thermos, and then drove to the bakery to buy some pies and cakes. Since Maggie did not take a breath the entire time we were inside the bakery, I was a little concerned that she might suffocate herself.

    Once back in the car, she proceeded to cover herself with sanitizer. She even demanded that I sterilize my credit card, just in case a rogue virus might have jumped from the EFTPOS machine. Then we were finally on our way.

    A few minutes later we were enjoying our picnic. Well I enjoyed it. Maggie was worried about viruses floating in the window. Then we unloaded the bikes and rode the Bunurong Coast road to Cape Paterson.

    The bikes allowed us to explore a lot more of the huge environmental development we had discovered yesterday. The houses were certainly intriguing and came in a huge range of very individual styles. While some of them were quite lovely, I told Maggie that I thought that others were "butt ugly". She disagreed. She usually does that when I say something. I still thought that some were ugly.

    After riding around the development and exploring some surrounding roads, we rode back to the centre of Cape Paterson. Since the weather was still being kind, we decided to continue to ride back along the highway towards Wonthaggi. We made it about half way, before turning back and returning to Cape Paterson. Finally, we returned back along the Burnurong Coast back to our car. It had been a lovely ride, but it will probably be our last chance to get on the bikes for some time.

    Even though the weather is about to go to the dogs, at least we have an exciting thing happening tomorrow. Well two exciting things actually. Firstly we will have a visit from the garbage collector. That's exciting. Then we have a delivery from Woolworths on line. That's even more exciting. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight.
    Read more