Satellite
  • Day 8

    Day 8 - Hiroshima to Yokohama (via Tokyo

    April 11, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    We left a rainy Nagoya after a sleep in and caught the 9:26am shinkansen to Tokyo.

    Once in Tokyo we stashed the bags in a locker and the pram at baggage storage (too tall for a locker). Then we headed out into the rain and cold to Tsukiji fish market so hubby could get a knife.

    Just before 3pm we had all our possessions back and were on a train to Kannai (the closest station to our Yokohama hotel). A stop beforehand we spontaneously made the decision to jump off the train at Yokohama so hubby could get his "duty free" allowance of alcohol.

    By 5pm we were at Kannai and set off again (this time fully loaded) to trek through the constant rain to our hotel for the night - Hotel Monterey Yokohama. Where we arrived like drowned rats (even with umbrellas). Its a nice place and we have a triple with harbour views.

    After a hot shower we looked on maps for the closest place to eat. We were dreading treking through the rain again. Google maps delivered a soba noodle restaurant about 4 buildings away. So off we set. Once there they had an english menu and an unusual offering - all noodle sizes were the same price. Your choice was medium, large or Mt fuji size. Of course hubby had a go at Mt fuji, while the kids devoured a whole bowl of udon.

    This is our last night in Japan in a hotel. Its supposed to be sunny tomorrow. Fingers crossed as it was bloody freezing and miserable today being so wet.
    Read more