Satellite
  • Day 3

    Day 3 - Naeba

    March 29, 2018 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 3 °C

    Woke up very early again and watched the snow groomers from our 10th floor window. We then had our breakfast buffet (free thanks to Seibu club), then got our rental gear - very expensive at about $500 for 2 days - but was not worth bringing gear for only 2 days on snow. Bit more tolerable when it is for 4 people - and when the front desk gave us free lift tickets for our stay.

    We headed out to the snow a bit before 9, and it was already hot, forecast 17degrees. We ditched the beanies, gloves and jackets. We spent some time getting Oscar used to skiing. We then hit the chair lifts for a few green slope runs. We had oscar both between Jason's legs and using the ski harness out front. The we decided to take the gondola up near top to ski a green run and use its chairlift. Oscar was doing well. We then stopped for CoCo Curry at their top of mountain restaurant. Views were amazing.

    After that things weren't that well thought out. We decided to ski Oscar down - a few red runs and green runs. Some were very steep. At time Jason piggy backed him, others he skiied and the last bit we were all too buggered, so Oscar, Dale and I bum slid down a fair chunk of the steep ski run. Not doing that again.
    So at 2pm we called it quits and headed back to the room.

    Before dinner we walked through the complex. It takes about 10mins to walk from one end to the other. Grabbed some pizza for dinner, and retired early.
    Read more