Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 13 - Yokohama & Enoshima Island

    April 8, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    A slower start again and we packed up our bags, checked out and had the hotel store the bags for us. It was a clear day again, we checked some web cams and decided to head back to Enoshima Island for our best chance of a view. We got took the train to Fujisawa and from here jumped on the Enoshima Electric railway for the 10 min journey to Enoshima. Another walk back through town to the bridge and here were were able to see Mt Fuji!!!

    Our view was not clear, but you could make out the shape of it in the haze and see the snow off to one side. Being Sunday the place was quite busy, and thankfully not as windy as last time. The bay had lots of little sailing boats out and the shore was lined with surfers. It was a pleasant morning. The kids voted to ride the monorail back, so we returned to Yokohama around 12:30pm. From here we headed back to Coco curry for our last good meal before heading to the airport.

    We ended up at the train station early, so we yried to move our NEX reservation to an earlier train. This was a bit of a debacle as the counter girl proceeded to cancel our reservation in the vending machine, then couldn't rebook us new reservations. A trek across the station saw a mega long line that would make us miss the earlier train. So we jumped on the early one - as its usually near on empty.. except this one time. At Tokyo a flood of people embarked, we split up but managed to get seats. When the ticket man came through it was no issue, he just adjusted it on his machine.

    At Narita we waited about 10mins for check in to open, then Jason was called over the PA. His bag had the lithium go pro batteries in it. Once they were removed it was all good. There's always one issue each trip. We then went over to terminal 2 for a walk and bit of food. Then came back to terminal 3 ready to board.
    Read more