Satellite
  • Day 12

    Day 11 - Disneysea

    March 6, 2019 in Japan ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    We out by about 7am, off the 7-11 to grab some breakfast. Then we set of for Maihama by subway and train, 3 changes and about 40mins. One of those trains was jam packed and we were squished it in sardines. We arrived at Disneysea after it had opened at about 8:45 After taking the monorail (¥260). We sat out front and ate our breakfast, then purchased tickets for entry. There was no line to do this and 1 or 2 people in the entry line. Today was forecast to be red crowd (Very crowded 36k +).

    The park is very detailed and visually spectacular. The kids have loved it all. We worked our way around with no plan, we just started by heading right. We went and got fast passes for 'journey to the centre of the earth (for between 1-2pm). We then waited about 20min for 2000 leagues under the sea. This freaked out kids out a bit.

    After that we headed to Mermaid lagoon for some kid sizes fun. This undersea area is visually awesome and the kids had fun riding the rides here. After this we headed to the lost river delta area where the wait times were over 1:40. I knew about single rider options, and I found the entrance for singles, so I ditched Jason and the kids and strolled past the mega long queue, holding up 1 finger for the attendants. The Raging spirit rollercoaster was loads of fun. Then I managed to catch Jason, Dale and Oscar before they had even gotten onto their ride. They loved the flying carpets in the Arabian coast.

    After this I decided to try to find the single rider for Indiana Jones Temple of Doom ride. I asked the attendant for single rider, and was ushered through the fast pass entrance. Again I walked past the mega long line At one point an attendant opened a chain and pointed me off down a path that led to a stairwell, and I came out right at the ride entry, in about 4mins. 2 people we ahead of me in single rider. The ride was fun and I ended up at the front of the ride. I was back with the others before they had made it onto the flying carpets again.

    From here we walked around the park, going on most rides with 25-35 min waits. It only briefly started the lightly rain at one point. We watched the Mickey New York show, saw Lightning McQueen. We had dinner at the same place we had lunch, Italian the kids devoured the pizza and pasta which were well priced at ¥700 each.

    We managed to walk out of dinner and right into a big designated spot that was empty and roped off, turns out it was for families with little kids, bonus that was us, so we got let into this area to watch the Fantasmic show, and there was only like 5 other people in the section. We had a small bit of light rain, but it stopped while the show was on. We then made the poor choice of visiting the gift shop on exit, along with half the park. They must make a ton of money. We left the park at 9pm, 12 hours after we entered. The kids did really well, but crashed before the first train station.
    Read more