Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 12 - Odaiba, Kanda, Asakusa

    March 7, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    After a small sleep in and 7-11 breakfast, we were on trains heading for Odaiba just after 8am. It was a drizzly rainy day here in Tokyo. We arrived at 9:30am to find a small crowd of around 50ish people.

    We entered Teamlab Borderless at opening at 10am. It is a total mind spin, and at times headache inducing in its sensory overload. It was visual amazing and also a technical wonder as to how they manage to create Iit all. The highlights are the crystal forest, the balloon bounce and there even an exhibit you climb through. Another one had us colour in sea life pictures, that are then scanned in and appear on the walls interacting with others in a virtual aquarium. We left after 2 and a half hours, and grabbed lunch at Wendy's right outside the exhibit.

    From here we headed to Kanda, but the vast choice and array of ski shops gets overwhelming and we decided to leave after looking in about 4-5 shops.

    From here we headed to Don quixote in Asakusa to buy up some alcohol for hubby. And had a quick stop at Daiso for some souvenirs. At 6pm we dropped bags at the hostel and headed out for dinner. McDonalds for the kids, Katsu for us.
    Read more