Satellite
  • Day 141

    St Pol De Leon - Brittany

    August 19, 2019 in France ⋅ ☀️ 0 °C

    We arrive in Saint Pol de Leon and manage to park on a little peninsula with a beautiful sandy beach looking out to the rocky sea, with hundreds of tiny rocky islets sat just past the tide - a totally unique view. There’s a great park and a rocky hill with a great view over the bays, we are just next to the Roscoff ferry so we see one that has just set off...reminds us that we are almost at our ferry now - and we can sense England just the other side of the channel.

    The children love the freedom the big beaches of France have given us, so they run free here, there is also an amazing long tunnel set into the ground, cue the loudest shouts of ‘echo!!!’ you’ve ever heard, and Coen loves seeing the tractor driving up and down the beach (to clear seaweed, Nic thinks its because it’s a blue flag beach so they don’t want the seaweed, but I’m not sure on the environmentally friendliness of this task - he is ploughing up and down burning a ton of fuel and collecting barely any seaweed each time...I felt like just picking it up by hand so that he would stop!).

    We settle in a little aire right on the harbour walls and have a lovely (but very messy and smelly and non-motorhome-friendly) fish supper of fresh calamari and prawns, watch some crabs and plan our last few days!
    Read more