Satellite
  • Day 2

    London-Gatwick Airport

    June 19, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Heading to Malaga! Boarding our big red Norwegian B737-800 series aircraft! First flight we've been on where more people are speaking a foreign language than English! Though it's interesting that they're playing American pop music. It was also interesting at the airport hotel breakfast to hear all of the different languages.

    We're slightly jet-lagged today and looking forward to arriving in Spain where we'll continue our adjustment to the time change. Yesterday we managed to stay up all day after our overnight flight to London. We took the train 30 minutes into London and saw some of the sites we wanted to visit. Of course we twice got on the wrong train (going there and coming back) but we managed to sit next to kind folks who helped us get back on the right track (literally). Tip of the day: if you're a few minutes early for the train then it's probably the wrong train! Expect them to be a few minutes late.

    The flight crew just announced that we're delayed another 20-30 minutes (we're already 30 minutes behind schedule) due to a possible ATC strike in France. Day long strikes in Europe are something we were advised about and, sure enough, it looks like we'll be affected. I guess we'll just sit back and enjoy our pop music :).
    Read more