Satellite
  • Day 1

    373 miles to New Orleans

    April 8, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 5 °C

    This is our Family trip to Dauphin Island Alabama for beach time. Uncle David and April are joining us along with Jada. The Uplander is our transportation for this adventure and David has his Pathfinder. David has christened our vehicle the Tinkle Tank TT. David's is the Shart Tank ST. I am setting here in the passenger seat as Tristan is taking the overnight drive. So proud of him, doing a great job and having a ton of fun cruising down the lonely interstate.

    We have been on the road since 4:24 pm 3/6/17. We hit a traffic jam right away in the Mad city on the east bound belt line. About a 20 min delay with 4 complete stops.... It felt so good to hit I-90 and move! Pit stops have been anywhere from 2.5-3 hours apart. I think the highlight of the early part of the trip was seeing St Louis at night. The Arch was lit up and the riverfront was beautiful. See the picture below.
    Tracy was driving at the time and as we were going down a confluence of roads a Challenger blew past us on our right exhaust screaming at what must have been over 100 mph. I was looking to the right from the passenger seat so I had a little warning, not much though. Tracy screamed like a little girl as the car flew past. She did a great job of controlling the vehicle through her astonishment!
    Read more