Satellite
  • Day 27

    Old Town

    September 12, 2019 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Breakfast is amazing across the road at The Blu Myth. They are serving brownies!!
    I have grabbed, olives, pistachios, dolmades. Yum

    Athena wants to sit by the pool. I want to explore, so I leave her to catch the bus to Mykonos old town. It takes me 5 minutes and I am here.

    I wander straight into the shops. White walls with white painted cobblestones everywhere.

    EVERYWHERE

    I love the blue, red, aqua painted door and window shutters.
    I buy a small stone boat and chat to the shop keeper.

    I just walk. Forever. It is a maze around here of skinny pathways.
    I take a hundred photos. Loving the scenes of steps and stairways and bright pink bougainvillea hanging over head. A stark contrast against the sunlit white.

    I walked upward to the windmills. Absolutely amazing. Loved them. The wind up here is something else though. Could not hold my phone as had to hold my dress down.

    Full on wind.

    Walked down to Little Venice. Small little houses with no entry path in front. The waves come up and rise and spray everywhere all over the paths.

    Walked into the interior paths. Took photos. Of cats. Lying asleep in the shade somewhere. Loved seeing their relaxed bodies whilst people walk past.

    How clever to make the town like this.
    A white maze of wonder.

    I came across an outdoor movie theatre. It plays tonight at 8.30 and 10.30pm.

    I try to make out the movie name with the red umbrella on the poster and the actors names below in english.

    Timothy Chalemet headlines along with Elle Fanning.
    Well that's it I am in.
    Ha, ha, ha. Tra, la, la!!

    I realise it is Woody Allen's latest movie - 'A Rainy Day In New York'

    I message Athena to see if she is interested in going to the movies under the stars tonight?
    Absolutely,yes, sounds wonderful.
    Hooray!

    Walking along a bit further, I came out the other side of Little Venice and sit at a cafe for a bite. I face the green and blue ocean.

    Little wooden boats bob madly around. A smaller brown one was thrown around so much, I could not take my eyes off it. It had a special little dance.

    Ready to head back to our hotel.
    Walked back through and easily caught a bus back to Petinos Beach.

    Athena was still on her lounge bed and still sunbaking.

    I went up and blew up the lilo, I had bought yesterday. It looks a bit unstable. Think I may try it in the pool tomorrow as the wind may take me out to sea.

    Athena messages would you like a bourban?
    This is not a question that ever needs to be asked of me. There will only be one answer.

    We sit in the restaurant overlooking the beach and drink and share our day.

    Then we both hit the sun loungers with our bathers on to catch the last rays of the day at 5.30pm.

    I pace myself to get ready for a long night of dancing. Athena says she want to go to Scorpios beach club.

    As this is her wishlist for this trip, I tell her, 'You lead the way and I will follow.'

    She never moved from her bed. At 8.00pm (me getting restless) I say come on, let's go. She instead puts on her Pj's and says we'll do it tomorrow.

    OK, but I lay there awake listening to the nightclub music pumping loud until 4.00am. My body aching to go.

    But I did not want to do this without her as she chose this particular thing to do for her birthday.
    I am wondering if she will fulfil her wish yet, or leave for home regretting she missed out!
    Read more