Satellite
  • Day 30

    Chiricahua/Tucson

    November 23, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Chiricahua national monument is really cool. I don't remember googling it and wasn't expecting much but it was truly spectacular. So many gorgeous vistas and hoodoos for days. I really dig it. I could have spent days there. Their visitor center was terrible but their nature trail picked up the slack. That place is sprinkles. Then I headed to Tucson where I got an oil change and met up with my great uncle Bob. He's a Franciscan Friar who lives at the Mission San Xavior de Bak in southern Tucson on a reservation. He gave me the VIP tour of the really pretty and really old building. The friars fed me dinner and then let me stay in a little apartment in the mission for free. They were super nice and friendly. Bob took me on a drive around the city and we went to the top of a nice mountain. In the morning I watched one of the friars feed hundreds of doves and then we went to an art gallery dedicated to Ted DeGrazia. The artist is a big deal in Tucson. He's known for capturing the SW in his oil paintings. Many thanks to Bob for being a gracious host.

    More adventures tomorrow!
    Read more