Satellite
  • Day 35

    Madura

    October 11, 2018 in Australia

    Packed up camp early and back into Esperance to get our gas cylinder back, the guy who boiled our billy for us, told us the caravan park near the jetty refills them for you. Got to Bunnings, found we were able to buy a $9 part for the one we swapped that would enable us to use our gas burners.
    On our way to the miserable, half empty IGA to buy water, we discovered a Woolworths behind the main street. We had both spoken about how could that miserable little IGA support a town of 15,000 people? Answer, it didn’t. There was a whole shopping centre up there with a Target, Reject Shop and a host of other shops, including a big supermarket! Got our water and a few other supplies. Mick finally bought a new watch (he discovered when we entered WA that he couldn’t change the time on his watch as the pin had fallen out) and I finally found a purse with a clip coin part, not a zip. When I got back to the car, discovered it wouldn’t fit my cards, ah well I can re-gift it to one of the kids, they will love it.
    Stayed at the Madura Road House Hotel, very basic but clean; linen is a hundred years old, as are the pillows, very uncomfortable bed. At least it had a hot shower with a big shower rose, enjoyed very much after not showering since Paul & Sally’s on Sunday. Had a very nice meal in the restaurant, Mick had the Pork Chops and I had the Seafood Basket, I’m sure they just used frozen crumbed seafood, but it was nice and very filling.
    Heading east again, putting as much distance as we can towards the Nullarbor so we can stay there tomorrow night before hitting Ceduna and a weekend day that we can spend with Gina.
    Read more