Satellite
  • Day 34

    The Swiss birds

    September 3, 2019 in Montenegro ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    After spending some days at the beach and some nights dancing under the Buljarica's moon, we were excited to discover Skadar Lake situated between Montenegro and Albania. This lake is known for its rich flora and fauna and we wanted to spend some time surrounded by nature.

    We knew that getting to where we wanted to camp wouldn't be an easy task without a car, but we had to try. Hitchhiking would be the only and "easiest" way to get there. And that's what we did. We managed to get from Sutomore to Virpazar with a Serbian guy who was driving and meanwhile speaking on the walkie-talkie to his stoned friends in their 4x4 Jeeps behind us, while they were singing to us haha. All the seatbelts were broken. Hilarious.

    Rijeka was our destination and some locals advised us that not many cars were driving there, so chances of getting there were very low. We hitchhiked for an hour but the cars that stopped were driving to another direction. We quit. And then we found them. Jean and Marie Lise from Switzerland took us with them up to the mountain. They planned to camp within 3km and they changed their plan and drove 21km more just to get us to Rijeka and see that breath-taking canyon. They stayed with us and we enjoyed two days together full of adventure.

    Jean says that "birds" fly together, so nice people will always meet nice people. The law of attraction.
    We will never forget the subtle and wisdom lessons that they gave us about living life at its fullest enjoying every minute. While writing these words we are listening the song 'Birds' from Imagine Dragons and it says that "birds fly in every direction; I hope to see you again". A bientôt mes amis!
    Read more