Satellite
  • Day 6

    Farinelli 1937 - Coconut Grove

    October 29, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Farinelli 1937 is an authentic Italian pizzeria that compliments the old world flavors and traditions of Strada in the Grove and increases the temperature to 800°F in our two custom-made copper-coated wood-burning ovens. They start by preparing our high quality dough with our very own recipe and travel all over Italy for their ingredients. The result is a combination of both classic Italian and regional pizzas with our own special touch.

    Just love visiting places off season and during the week when it’s not crowded. We were able to have our pick of tables on their patio. Our Venezuelan waiter was also the manager and delightful to talk to.

    There was an extensive wine list with wines being grouped together according to their characteristics. Succulent whites, sexy rose, gold and rich reds. I decided to go with a Pinot Grigio which was amazing, but my waiter asked if I had ever had the “amarone zeni in veneto.” When I said I hadn’t, he replied, “Tonight you try the amarone!” And. Fought me a sample post haste. It was very good and had the weather been cooler I’d have loved a glass of that.

    Brian and I each ordered a salad and then shared a pizza (see below for descriptions). Simple, beautifully prepared Italian food. Heaven.

    Insalata di Mare
    Shrimp, calamari, baby scallops, chickpeas, red onions, EVOO, lemon

    Spinaci
    Baby spinach, gaeta olives, pine nuts, raisins, shaved parmigiano, lemon mustard dressing

    Prosciutto e Fich
    24 month aged parma prosciutto, caramelized onions, parmigiano, gorgonzola, candied walnuts, figs, thyme
    Read more